[mapserver-users] Getmap request in Google earth

ben wyss bmwyss at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 12:39:41 EDT 2008

I am trying to call a WMS into Google Earth with a Getmap request, I am
getting the error: missing required parameter STYLES

However my URL contains a 'Styles' parameter?

http://quakeloss.ethz.ch/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/tmp/ms_tmp/test2.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=Getmap&SRS=EPSG:4326&WIDTH=600&HEIGHT=600&LAYERS=test&TRANSPARENT=TRUE&FORMAT=image/png&STYLES=default&BBOX=-180,-90,180,90&

I have found that Google Earth is rewriting my Getmap request, from
the above request to a similar request that is missing a Styles
parameter (it changes the bbox aswell), does anyone have any idea of
how to call a Getmap request in Google Earth? Or to get around this
error?