[mapserver-users] Getmap request in Google earth

Robert Sanson SansonR at asurequality.com
Sun Jun 22 16:59:45 EDT 2008

Hi Ben

Just use "STYLES=" with no values.

Cheers,

Robert Sanson

>>> "ben wyss" <bmwyss at gmail.com> 22/06/2008 4:39 a.m. >>>

I am trying to call a WMS into Google Earth with a Getmap request, I am getting the error: missing required parameter STYLES
However my URL contains a 'Styles' parameter? http://quakeloss.ethz.ch/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/tmp/ms_tmp/test2.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=Getmap&SRS=EPSG:4326&WIDTH=600&HEIGHT=600&LAYERS=test&TRANSPARENT=TRUE&FORMAT=image/png&STYLES=default&BBOX=-180,-90,180,90& I have found that Google Earth is rewriting my Getmap request, from the above request to a similar request that is missing a Styles parameter (it changes the bbox aswell), does anyone have any idea of how to call a Getmap request in Google Earth? Or to get around this error?

Click here ( https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0zmjPoHdJTZGyOCrrhg== ) to report this email as spam.
The contents of this email are confidential to AsureQuality. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments. The opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily those of AsureQuality. This message has been scanned for known viruses before delivery. AsureQuality supports the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If you do not wish to receive similar communications in future, please notify the sender of this message.