[mapserver-users] transparent symbol clobbering

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 15:53:55 EDT 2008

Ben,

I think there probably is a bug in the case of GD output with 24 bit
icons on a transparent background. If you have the agg driver
configured, setting TRANSPARENT TRUE in the map and using the built-in
aggpng24 outputformat works.

If you want the result to be 8-bits deep, you could try enabling
--with-experimental-png. See
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2436 for some background.

zak

--