[mapserver-users] GetFeatureInfo XML result is not encoded at all

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Jun 27 14:52:47 EDT 2008

Guillaume Sueur wrote:
> That's not so easy when you don't know the encoding of the data used. In
> a current project I have, people upload their data to be published via WMS.
> Would it be a big deal to add conversion of the result on the fly ?

In which format do they upload their data? Chances are that if you don't
know the encoding then MapServer would have no way to guess it either.
For instance, I most DBF files do not come with any encoding information
so you need to guess what it is.

Assuming we have a way to determine the encoding of the data, or that we
add some parameter at the layer level to let the admin specify it, then
yes it would be technically possible to implement encoding conversions
in MapServer. We already do that in the case of LABELs for instance (see
the LABEL ENCODING param).

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette