[mapserver-users] Skipping layers that fail to load

Josh Hevenor Josh.Hevenor at dpra.com
Wed Mar 5 15:17:51 EST 2008

I'd also be interested in such a feature. What we've done in the past
with a collection of unreliable SDE layers is to create a separate map
file for the layers and use MapScript to see if it opens. If the layers
fail then we turn them off in our main map. I'd like to see the layers
just not draw, maybe with a legend icon denoting that the layer is
unavailable.

Josh