[mapserver-users] Skipping layers that fail to load

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Mar 5 15:35:03 EST 2008

And building mapserver with the ./configure --ignore-missing-data does
not solve this problem? I personally would prefer that these kind of
options reside in the mapfile so you don't have to rebuild mapserver to
turn them on when you forget.

Maybe we need something like:

MAP
   CONFIGURE
     IGNORE_MISSING_DATA ON
     IGNORE_BROKEN_LAYERS ON
   END

END

I think we already have something similar to this but I forget off the
top of my head what the exact syntax is. Regardless of syntax, I do not
think there is support currently for these options.

You might want to open a ticket after the discussion to document the
thread and the request for an enhancement.

-Steve W