[mapserver-users] tiling (WMS-C)

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu May 8 18:17:19 EDT 2008

Chris,

That makes more sense.

So MapBuilder is magically noticing the WMS-C in your URL and
converting its requests to a tiled mode. Unfortunately, Mapserver does
not understand the WMS-C keyword and is croaking, even though there is
no functional difference (from a WMS PoV) to serving a WMS-C request
and a WMS request.

A quick and dirty fix would be to write a small PHP script to sit in
front of mapserver, convert the WMS-C to a WMS and then pass the
request onwards.

Alternately (and more elegantly), perhaps there is some way to trick
mapbuilder into the tiled mode without the WMS-C keyword in the URL?
Check your Mapbuilder docs.

Paul