[mapserver-users] Intersection of rectangle and circle

Sucharita Samuel iworktech.sucharita at gmail.com
Fri May 9 03:08:34 EDT 2008

Hi friends,
I need to find the intersection of a rectangle and circle. As you
must be aware that a  circle in mapserver terminology is a shapeobject drawn
using the upper left and bottom right co-ordinates of a rectangle.
    In the above case I get the intersection of two rectangles, but as the
circle lies inside the rectangle, i am not able to find whether my first
rectangle intersects with the bottom corner of the rectangle(that contains
the circle), which is not part of the circle.

I am using ASP.NET. Any solution in this case would be of great help.

Thanks in advance,
Sucharita