[mapserver-users] Does MS4W multi-thread?

J.J. Schlafley jjschlafley at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 00:01:59 EDT 2008

Hi all,
Will the mapserver CGI program multi-thread on an MS4W installation.  I noticed many "mapserver.exe" image names in the task manager on my server.  Assuming each image name corresponds with each request or thread, will the OS delegate the processes to other CPU cores if available?  I currently only have a single core Xeon, but am wondering if a multi-core CPU could be beneficial with Apache and Mapserver (MS4W).
Thanks