[mapserver-users] Does MS4W multi-thread?

James Lindstorff jlf at eniro.dk
Tue May 13 02:42:22 EDT 2008

AFAIK MS4W doesn't multi-thread - actually there is one proccess per
request.

The good news is that being able to serve multiple request I parallel is
not a MapServer issue but an OS issue. So if you OS can detect multiple
cores it will execute processes I parallel on the different cores.
Therefore MapServer doesn't need to multi-thread for you to serve
multiple request I parallel.