[mapserver-users] testing mapserver large files rendering improvements

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu May 15 11:38:13 EDT 2008

Guillaume Sueur wrote:
> I'm not sure that "standard" user uses often msDebug().

True. They need to be educated on how to optimize their mapfiles and
data and looking at debug output at level 2 (tuning level) is one of the
ways. I believe there is already a doc about optimizing maps and this
should be added to it.

> Beside this, I like the idea of building a MapFile Optimizer too...
> Daniel, what do you have in mind exactly ?

I don't have anything specific in mind, I was just thinking out loud...
that could simply be a program that you would run on a mapfile and would
make some performance tests and reports. It would look for common
problems and report them or attempt to fix them.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/