[MAPSERVER-USERS] color coding

Ritesh Ambastha group.ritesh at gmail.com
Thu May 15 15:16:50 EDT 2008

Dear Kevin,

Shortcuts are never good. You should write everything by yourself in the
mapfile.
Still, if you want to give a try, follow this shortcut.

Install  http://www.qgis.org/ QGIS  (Freely available).
Also, install  http://www.python.org python (Freely available)

Now, you can use QGIS as a desktop software where you can add multiple
shapefiles, and play with them by giving required color combo's. Once you
are satisfied with the color codes etc, you can EXPORT the rendered map into
.map file format.

Use this map file for rendering maps. That's all !

[I don't advice to use this way to generate map files]

Regards,
Ritesh