[mapserver-users] Setting up a MAP file to use data on a network share [newbie I guess! :-) ]

Milo van der Linden mlinden at zeelandnet.nl
Fri May 16 18:16:45 EDT 2008

Hello Greg,

I think that it is the account that the IIS service runs in that needs
to be allowed access to the network share. So either you have to
reconfigure the IIS server to run as your user (which brings up a whole
new set of trouble :-() or open the share to the local IIS service account.

Your trouble is windows only and mainly an authorization issue unrelated
to mapserver.

See if you can get in touch with a good system Windows administrator to
testdrive various settings.

If none of this works out, I know of ways to open up postGIS accross the
windows network which might be a last resort.

Good luck!

Milo van der Linden