[mapserver-users] Mapserver and OpenDAP

Christopher Condit condit at sdsc.edu
Mon May 19 15:46:57 EDT 2008

Hi Arjen,

> What would be the best way of getting this to work? Would this mean I
> have to recompile Mapserver? Or is it possible to just recompile the
> GDAL driver?
>
> Any tips on recompiling on Windows (if necessary) or on using OpenDAP
> with Mapserver would be very welcome, since I have no experience with
> it.

A year or so ago I did exactly this - building OPeNDAP support into gdal
on Win32. So it's very possible if you feel comfortable building from
source on Windows. That was on an older server machine and I don't think
it ever got integrated into the trunk. I'll look around for it and let
you know. The real problem, though, is that many OPeNDAP datasets I've
encountered are either inverted or span 0-360 instead of -180 to 180, so
I ended up having to write scripts to preprocess them anyway...

-Chris