[MAPSERVER-USERS] How to implement jBox in asp.netusing C# or VB.....

Cavalieri Piero Piero.Cavalieri at heidi.it
Tue May 20 09:39:01 EDT 2008

You use it exatly the same as with other languages (jbox is an applet):

In aspx:

<APPLET codebase="java" code="jBox.class" archive="jBox.jar"
                                 width="<%=mapwidth%>" height="<%=mapheight%>" name="jbox" MAYSCRIPT>
                            <PARAM name="image" value="http://<%=host%><%=img%>">
                            <PARAM name="box" value="true">
                            <PARAM name="thickness" value="2">
                            <PARAM name="color" value="red">
							<PARAM name="jitter" value="2">
                            <PARAM name="verbose" value="true">
                        </APPLET>

Values inside <%=...%> are setted here in the code behind of the page, for the first request (if(!IsPostBack)), then I use ajax to build appropriate requests and to swap the old image with the new returned ones (document.jbox.setimage(newImage.src));

Be sure to read jbox tutorials (you need setbox_handler ecc. as indicated in the tutorial).

Cheers
 Piero