[mapserver-users] Using personal geodatabases (.mdb)

Heather Wirth HWIRTH at co.benton.mn.us
Tue May 20 12:30:20 EDT 2008

We currently have a functional Geomoose (a front end to MapServer) site
using shapefiles, but thought we may want to migrate to a personal
geodatabase (.mdb) to ease the process of updating map information.  We
followed all the instructions on the MapServer site for using .mdb
files, and can get the layer to display.

The problem we have is that the layer from the .mdb does not "draw" all
features.  For testing, we added just one layer, parcels.  At the same
time, for comparison purposes, we left the parcels shapefile in the
project.  While testing some of the other services, like identify, we
noticed that there were "holes" in the parcel layer from the .mdb, that
aren't in the shapefile generated parcels layer.  When I search the
geodatabase for a feature that is not drawing, I find it in the .mdb.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Does anybody know why it would do
this &/or how to fix it?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Heather Wirth