[mapserver-users] Using personal geodatabases (.mdb)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue May 20 12:35:05 EDT 2008

Heather Wirth wrote:
> We currently have a functional Geomoose (a front end to MapServer) site
> using shapefiles, but thought we may want to migrate to a personal
> geodatabase (.mdb) to ease the process of updating map information.  We
> followed all the instructions on the MapServer site for using .mdb
> files, and can get the layer to display.
>
> The problem we have is that the layer from the .mdb does not "draw" all
> features.  For testing, we added just one layer, parcels.  At the same
> time, for comparison purposes, we left the parcels shapefile in the
> project.  While testing some of the other services, like identify, we
> noticed that there were "holes" in the parcel layer from the .mdb, that
> aren't in the shapefile generated parcels layer.  When I search the
> geodatabase for a feature that is not drawing, I find it in the .mdb.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?  Does anybody know why it would do
> this &/or how to fix it?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Heather,

I would suggest isolating the problem as best you can and filing a ticket
against GDAL/OGR.  I would encourage you to identify a particular feature
that isn't getting picked up by MapServer and try it to see if it is
visible via ogrinfo.  Make sure your bug report identifies a missing
feature specifically (ie. provide the record id or something specific).

Best regards,