[MAPSERVER-USERS] What is Data Handling Capacity of Mapserver?

Robert Sanson SansonR at asurequality.com
Tue May 27 16:54:07 EDT 2008

Hi Yatendra

I have not tried serving data from a personal geodatabase, but my Mapserver dataset is > 15 GB, much of it rasters, but I also have single Shapefile that is approx 1 GB in size, and Mapserver has no problem.

Regards,

Robert

>>> yatendra <yatendra.jaiswal at gmail.com> 27/05/2008 7:50:22 p.m. >>>

Hi Friends,
What is data handling capacity of mapserver? How much data we can access
through mapserver?
I am using personal geodatabase of 300 mb.
For me data is displayed first time. when i tried to zoom in then my PC gets
hanged.
Can eny one guide me how to access this kind of large data?
Is there any need of configure Mapserver or its any componant to access this
kind of large data?
Please Guide me for this. Please give me details of Mapserver's Capcity
also.
Thanks Regards

The contents of this email are confidential to AsureQuality. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments. The opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily those of AsureQuality. This message has been scanned for known viruses before delivery. AsureQuality supports the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If you do not wish to receive similar communications in future, please notify the sender of this message.