[mapserver-users] Regular Expressions with PostGIS

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu May 29 12:37:21 EDT 2008

Hilarity ensues, same issue being debated in another thread.

In your case, no, there's probably no way around it. query is
implemented as a FILTER, and filter gets passed directly to the
underlying data store as SQL. The syntax for FILTER in shape files is
mapserver specific, the syntax for PostGIS filter is PostgreSQL
specific.

Store all your data in postgis :)
Or, more hackily, name your layers based on their storage type.
pg_layer1, shp_layer2, etc.

Sorry!