[mapserver-users] Using SLD and WMS with data comming from postgres

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Fri May 30 09:36:38 EDT 2008

Adrien Ducos wrote:
> Ok I found the error, it was on the sld itself: apparently mapserver
> can't handle in the same rule a point symbolizer and a polygon
> symbolizer. So I have to make 2 sld layers: one for my points and one
> for my polygons. It is a pity since openlayers could handle this without
> any problem.

  oops, saw this e-mail after I sent the previous.
  In Mapserver, a layer can only be of one geometry type. So I think It
makes sense that different types of symbolizers would not be applied to
the same layer. In you case if you have a point and a polygon layer, you
can still use one sld with 2  <NamedLayer> (which would correspond to
your 2 layers).

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca