[mapserver-users] How to pimp WMS meta information?

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Fri Sep 26 07:31:17 EDT 2008

Both ways work and are valid when tested in various XML validators.

You can use VendorSpecificCapabilities, yes, but the extra info, which,
from this thread, appears to be on a per-layer basis, would have to be
enclosed within the VendorSpecificaCapabilities tag, with the correct
ELEMENT defitions within the DOCTYPE.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WMS_Tiling_Client_Recommendation#Example_Vend
orSpecificCapabilities exemplifies this capability.  Here's an example
per this thread:

<VendorSpecificCapabilities>
 <AncillaryInformation>
 <LayerProperty layer="foo"
name="WMS_SHOW_QUERY_IN">large_popup</LayerProperty>
 </AncillaryInformation>
</VendorSpecificCapabilities>

...or something like that.

To confirm, you cannot set something like this from within the mapfile