[mapserver-users] Transparency of SLD-Layers

Sebastian Luhmer sluhmer at uni-bonn.de
Tue Aug 11 06:45:59 EDT 2009

Hi List,

I have used SLD to style some Layers of a WebGIS. Now, the
Layers wich  are styled according to the SLD overlay all
the other active Layers that you can just see the
SLD-Layer.
I deleted the fill-opacity paramter from the SLD and tried
to regulate the transparency over the Opacity-Parameter of
the Mapfile. The effect was, that I could influence the
Opacity of the layer, but  when set to full transparency,
the layers is not visible any more and it seems, that a
white layer is already there and overlays the rest.

I hope I could explain my problem understandingly. Does
anybody have an idea or a hint how I can solve that
problem?

Best regards, Sebastian!
------------------------------
Sebastian Luhmer
Student assistant
Center for Development Research
Department of Ecology and Resource Management
Walter-Flex-Strasse 3
53113 Bonn (Germany)

Tel.: +49 (0) 228 - 73-1793
FAX: +49 (0) 228 - 73-1889