[mapserver-users] Dynamic map legends

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Aug 20 11:09:54 EDT 2009

This must be the "next error" you referred to... ;-)

Not all parameters are affected by URL overloading. That's mechanism was added primarily as a means
of changing a portion of a parameter and that only made sense for a select few.

In 5.4 a class name cannot be changed via URL, again I can supply a patch if necessary. In other words
you're kinda stuck.

All this makes me wonder though. Why not just write a custom mapfile rather than trying to change
everything by URL? You're already using perl.

Steve

<a05f60f80908200725rcf9faf8i88a8be78e85b48b9 at mail.gmail.com>, Ethan Gruber