[mapserver-users] How do I Control QUERY Output?

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Tue Dec 8 18:53:29 EST 2009

 From a simple MapServer HTML interface I switch to Query mode and click
on a map feature, and templates I've assigned to the layer fill with
data ... and display in a new page. What I'd like is for the info to
display in a floating div and not disrupt the view by clearing the map
just to display a small window of data. I'd also prefer to not use
frames as well.

With JavaScript I can make a floating drag-able div box, but I can't
figure out how to get the template to send its table of data to the div.
I've tried removing the HTML header and just appending the table to the
div using innerHTML, but I keep getting null elements or other errors.
Is this approach right and I'm just missing something, or is this done
another way? I spent the better part of an hour today searching for docs
and/or examples, but either it wasn't to be found or my google-fu was
inferior today. Can someone point me to an example or explain how you
can put query output anywhere on the map page?

--
Bill Thoen
GISnet -  www.gisnet.com