[mapserver-users] Regarding Apache

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Sun Feb 8 09:05:00 EST 2009

My experience is the following: I'm using PHP MapScript since ~ 2 years
as Apache DSO without noticing problems. Important is to use the Apache
'prefork MPM' version of Apache 2.+ (or Apache 1.3 which seems always
'prefork'). Using the threaded MPM ('worker') of Apache seems not to
work correctly with Mapscript. And the PHP docs recommend the prefork
MPM anyway. Apache on Windows seems always to be threaded, therefore PHP
should be used only as CGI when Mapscript is required.

Regards, Armin