[mapserver-users] Problems after compiling mapserver

Rafael chacón rafaelchacon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:12:23 EST 2009

I just find the answer... The problem is that mapserv can't find libgdal
even though is installed.If you are in debian and compile libgdal by hand
you can do this doing the following:

vim /etc/ld.so.conf.d/i486-linux-gnu.con
add /usr/local/lib
run ldconfig,,

That should fix it.

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 12:21 PM, rafael <rafaelchacon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I read the instructions to compile and downloads all the needed
> libraries
> and packages. I made the configure with all the options I need and
> everything seems fine. After that I did the make and it generates the
> mapserv bin. But when I try to use it is throws the following error:
>
> ./mapserv: error while loading shared libraries: libgdal.so.1: Cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory.
>
> Why could this happen??
> --

Rafael Chacon,

"El hombre es la medida de todas las cosas". Protagoras