[mapserver-users] Smaller polygon sizes when using mapserver 5.4.1 compare to 5.2.0

Nikolai Nikolov nnikolov at gypsii.com
Wed Jul 8 04:05:33 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I've just upgraded one of my test servers from 5.2.0 to 5.4.1.  I have an
issue there and I wonder whether anybody have noticed it.  My map polygones
seems to be fractionaly smaller (compare to those drawned by 5.2.0).

I am using the same maps, map files, PHP scripts, etc.  The plygons which
belong to the same layer, do not quite well "fit" with each other - their
borders match perfectly before the upgarde to 5.4.1.

Also, I use BACKGROUNDCOLOR in my map file to create shield like square
behind a label.  Those squares are now significantly smaller too.

I wander what causes this effect and what I should do to achieve the same
image as with 5.2.0?

Thanks,

Nick