[mapserver-users] GetCapabilities response being truncated

John Callahan john.callahan at UDel.Edu
Thu Jul 9 16:59:40 EDT 2009

This seems to be a strange problem...  I can generate maps fine through
the browser and mode=map.   However, responses to GetCapabilities
requests are being truncated.  They are being truncated to 4053
characters.  I've tried this using two separate map files, using
different data, both WMS 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 versions, and the same result
every time.

I found some references to old posts but they didn't seem to apply
here.  My data in each map file is just one shapefile.  My map file
symbology is also very simple; it's listed below.

When run from the command line (mapserv
"QUERY_STRING=map=...REQUEST=GetCapabilities"), it works perfectly.

I'm using the x64 stable build from
http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/sdk/Default.aspx (MSVC2005 Win64)  Apache
2.2.10 and PHP 5.2.5 (x64 versions) if that matters.

I just don't know what's going on.  Sounds like a problem with my server
setup.  Has anyone experienced this before?  Any suggestions on what I
can check?  Thanks.

- John

***** start of mapfile
# Map file created from QGIS project file
C:/Apache2.2/cgi-bin/maps/geomap12.qgs
# Edit this file to customize for your map interface
# (Created with PyQgis MapServer Export plugin)
MAP
  NAME 'geomap12'
  # Map image size
  SIZE 600 600
  UNITS meters

  CONFIG "PROJ_LIB" "C:/programs/proj/nad/"

  EXTENT 213919.523729 80938.404739 236765.007609 99539.050324
  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:26957"
  END

  # Background color for the map canvas -- change as desired
  TRANSPARENT ON
  IMAGECOLOR 192 192 192
  IMAGEQUALITY 95
  IMAGETYPE png
  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME png
    DRIVER 'GD/PNG'
    MIMETYPE 'image/png'
    #IMAGEMODE PC256
    EXTENSION 'png'
  END

  # Web interface definition. Only the template parameter
  # is required to display a map. See MapServer documentation
  WEB
    # Set IMAGEPATH to the path where MapServer should
    # write its output.
    IMAGEPATH 'C:/Apache2.2/htdocs/output/'

    # Set IMAGEURL to the url that points to IMAGEPATH
    # as defined in your web server configuration
    IMAGEURL '/output/'

    # WMS server settings
    METADATA
      'wms_title'           'geomap12'
      'wms_onlineresource'
'http://diagproweb01/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/webgis/mapfiles/geomap12.map&'
      'wms_srs'             'EPSG:26957 EPSG:4326'
    END

    #Scale range at which web interface will operate
    # Template and header/footer settings
    # Only the template parameter is required to display a map. See
MapServer documentation
  END

  LAYER
    NAME 'geounits'
    TYPE POLYGON
    DATA 'C:\webgis\data\geomap_pubs\geomap12.shp'
    METADATA
      'wms_title' 'geounits'
    END
    STATUS DEFAULT