[mapserver-users] Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Pano Voudouris pvoudouris at gaiocorp.com
Thu Jul 9 12:48:06 EDT 2009

Hi Suman,

Check your web.config file- You probably have an entry similar to:

<appSettings>

        <add key="mapfile" value="C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\...addison.map"/>

.

In your code you want to create the mapfile object by reading the mapfile
path from web.config. So what you need to do is:

mapObj map= new
mapObj(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["mapfile"].toSt
ring())

(or whatever the variable in the web.config is called)

You don't really want to use a constant to point to the mapfile...

Pano