[mapserver-users] GetCapabilities response being truncated

John Callahan john.callahan at UDel.Edu
Thu Jul 9 18:29:15 EDT 2009

Update:  I should rephrase my statements...

When run from the command line, c:\apache2.2\cgi-bin\mapserv
"QUERY_STRING=map=...REQUEST=GetCapabilities" only works when output is
to the screen.

When directing the output to a file, like c:\apache2.2\cgi-bin\mapserv
"QUERY_STRING=map=...REQUEST=GetCapabilities" > geomap.xml, then the
output is again truncated.

The limit is not 4053 characters but rather 4096 characters.  At least
the number makes more sense.

Using MapServer 5.4.1, x64 in Windows 2008 Server.   More details on the
environment is:
http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/sdk/PackageInfo.aspx?file=release-1400-x64-gdal-1-6-mapserver-5-4.zip

- John