[mapserver-users] Smaller polygon sizes when usingmapserver 5.4.1compare to 5.2.0

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Jul 13 21:01:43 EDT 2009

Wonder if it's the same issue as with the polygon size you noted. Even though the shield
is a rect it's rendered as a polygon. Thomas, should polygons be drawn with an outline
same as the fill color if no outline color is specifiied?

Steve

>>> "Nikolai Nikolov" <nnikolov at gypsii.com> 07/09/09 2:43 AM >>>
Hi Steve and everyone,

The images below are from Mapserver 5.2.0 (left) and 5.4.1 (right) of the
same map using AGG. Please note the difference in the size of the road
shields (green shields).

The following are images from the same servers (Mapserver 5.2.0 (left) and
5.4.1 (right)) of the same map (different zoom) using GD.  Please note that
the two maps are practically the same.

The complete map-file used for the first example is attached to this e-mail.
The parts of it specific to the issue are like that:

    OUTPUTFORMAT

        NAME AGG_PNG

        DRIVER AGG/PNG

        MIMETYPE  "image/png"

        IMAGEMODE RGB

        EXTENSION  "png"

        #FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_FORCE=TRUE"

        #FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_COLORS=256"

        FORMATOPTION "PALETTE_FORCE=TRUE"

        FORMATOPTION "PALETTE=/var/www/html/maps_gypsii/palette.txt"

        FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=OFF"

    END

and

        CLASS

            EXPRESSION /^E/

            LABEL

                PRIORITY 4

                PARTIALS false

                MINFEATURESIZE 10

                MINDISTANCE 300

                COLOR 255 255 255

                BACKGROUNDCOLOR 128 208 100

                BACKGROUNDSHADOWCOLOR 81 145 58

                ANGLE 0

                BUFFER 2

                FONT arial-bold

                TYPE truetype

                SIZE 7

            END

        END

The difference for the second examples is in the output format used:

    OUTPUTFORMAT

        NAME PNG

        DRIVER GD/PNG

        MIMETYPE  "image/png"

        IMAGEMODE RGB

        EXTENSION  "png"

        #FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_FORCE=TRUE"

        #FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_COLORS=256"

        FORMATOPTION "PALETTE_FORCE=TRUE"

        FORMATOPTION "PALETTE=/var/www/html/maps_gypsii/palette.txt"

        FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=OFF"

    END

Many thanks,

Nick