[mapserver-users] (min/max)scaledenom for WFS layers

Tom Chase tom at eryr.com
Tue Jul 14 09:53:12 EDT 2009

Is it possible to switch WFS layers on/off on a zoom basis in the same
way as you can with WMS layers?
If I specify the individual layers in my request, the layer is returned,
regardless of zoom, and if I request the group name, I get Typename
doesn't exist error.
Should this work,  and if so what am I doing wrong?

Cheers!

LAYER #Detailed routes for zoomed in view
  NAME "route_detail"
  GROUP "route"
  METADATA
    "wfs_title"    "Routes"   ##required
    "wfs_featureid" "id"
    "wfs_srs" "EPSG:27700"
    "gml_include_items" "all"
    "gml_featureid" "id"
    "gml_groups" "route"
  END #MetaData
  CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
  CONNECTION "user=postgres dbname=xns host=127.0.0.1 port=5432"
  DATA "wkb_geom from (select id, route as wkb_geom, st_astext(location)
as location, classification from routes) as subquery using unique id
using srid=27700"
  MAXSCALEDENOM 30000
  TYPE LINE
  STATUS ON
  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:27700"   ##recommended
  END #Projection
  DUMP TRUE
  TEMPLATE "/opt/mapfiles/template.html"
END #Layer

LAYER #simplified routes for zoomed out view
  NAME "route_simple"
  GROUP "route"
  MINSCALEDENOM 30001
  METADATA
    "wfs_title"    "Routes"   ##required
    "wfs_featureid" "id"
    "wfs_srs" "EPSG:27700"
    "gml_include_items" "all"
    "gml_featureid" "id"
    "gml_groups" "route"
  END #MetaData
  CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
  CONNECTION "user=postgres dbname=xns host=127.0.0.1 port=5432"
  DATA "wkb_geom from (select id, simpleroute as wkb_geom,