[mapserver-users] Smaller polygon sizes when usingmapserver 5.4.1compare to 5.2.0

Nikolai Nikolov nnikolov at gypsii.com
Wed Jul 15 03:02:26 EDT 2009

Hi Thomas,

Please note, that this Mapserver behaviour (correct or incorrect) still
exists in 5.4.1 version, when the GD library is used.  The change of
behaviour affects the rendering of the background when AGG library is used.

Also, in the documentation, the use of BACKGROUNDCOLOR is regarded as
creating a "billboard" effect.  It would be nice to have capability to
control the size (and appearance) of this "billboard", which seems to exist
in the older 5.2.0 version, but have been partially removed in the new 5.4.1
version.

The other point was about the rendering of polygons. I would suggest to put
some kind of a note or explanation for the 5.4.1 version, that when the
OUTLINECOLOR is not specified, the polygon will be one pixel smaller in size
in all directions, from the real one and to avoid this, the OUTLINECOLOR
needs to be always defined either with the same colour as the rest of the
polygon or with another desired colour.

Best regards,
Nick