[mapserver-users] duplicate labels

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Fri Jul 17 14:28:41 EDT 2009

Hi All,

Here is a screen shot:

http://maps.camavision.com/map.jpg

There are, as far as I can tell, 4 lines.  The label is duplicating and
I dont want it too.  Here is the layer from the mapfile:

	LAYER
		NAME annotate_pin
		TYPE line
		STATUS on
		CLASS
			NAME "HIGHLIGHT"
			STYLE
				COLOR 0 255 0
				OUTLINECOLOR 0 255 0
				WIDTH 3
			END
			LABEL
				TYPE truetype
				FONT "Vera"
				SIZE 10
				COLOR 0 0 0
				ANGLE follow
				POSITION auto
				BACKGROUNDCOLOR 255 255 255
				MINDISTANCE 900
			END
		END
	END

I have played with MINDISTANCE from 0 to 99,000 and it does not seem to
make a difference.  I googled a little but have not found a useful answer.

I am adding features to this layer in perl mapscript using something like:

	my $shape = new mapscript::shapeObj($mapscript::MS_SHAPE_LINE);
	$shape->add($line);
	$shape->{text} = sprintf('%.2f', $p1->distanceToPoint($p2));
	$shape->setBounds();
	$newlayer->addFeature($shape);

Any hints would be appreciated,

-Andy