[mapserver-users] Problems when using complex expressions

Andreas Albarello andreas.albarello at territoriumonline.com
Tue Jul 21 09:02:21 EDT 2009

Adrian Popa wrote:
> Thanks, Andreas,
>
> I've tried your solution (and already looked over the manual) but it
> still doesn't match anything...
>
> Also - EXPRESSION ("[myColumn]" =~ /MYREGEXP/i) doesn't match anything
> and EXPRESSION "[myColumn]" =~ /MYREGEXP/i   complains of a syntax error.

Adrian,

brackets are always required around expressions like that, so that
explains why the second example you posted doesn't work.

The first one, however, should. I'll admit, though, that I've never used
it with the /i (case-insensitive, I guess) at the end.

Best regards,
Andreas Albarello
Analysis & SW Development

Territorium Online srl/GmbH