[mapserver-users] msConvertWideStringToUTF8(): General error message. Encoding not supported by libiconv (UTF-16LE)

Mr. Bic Phuong bicphuongonline at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 08:21:46 EDT 2009

I hope someone can solve this problem, our project is delayed by this error.
the GetFeatureInfo function is failed:

msConvertWideStringToUTF8(): General error message. Encoding not supported
by libiconv (UTF-16LE)

this error accured when I'm setting up a webgis on the second Red Hat
Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.3, on the first RHEL 5.3, GetFeatureInfo is
working perfect.

Some other info:(the same for both 2 server)
- Database server: oracle 10g
- ArcSDE 9.2
- Mapserver 5.4.1
- Libiconv 1.13