[mapserver-users] msConvertWideStringToUTF8(): General error message. Encoding not supported by libiconv (UTF-16LE)

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Jul 23 11:39:33 EDT 2009

(Taking this back to the mapserver-users list... )

Your problem is very likely related to the use of multiple iconv copies
on your system... that LD_PRELOAD doesn't smell good. Do you absolutely
need to do that? Why not use the iconv that comes with glibc?

You wrote that "iconv -l" lists UTF-16LE ... but are you sure that it is
reporting the info for the same version of iconv that your mapserv
binary is using?

The only advice I can provide is make sure you *compile* your MapServer
with the same copy of iconv that you run with, and that this copy of
iconv does include UTF-16LE support.

Daniel

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/