[mapserver-users] msConvertWideStringToUTF8(): General error message. Encoding not supported by libiconv (UTF-16LE)

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Jul 23 09:01:22 EDT 2009

Daniel Morissette wrote:

>> this error accured when I'm setting up a webgis on the second Red Hat
>> Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.3, on the first RHEL 5.3, GetFeatureInfo is
>> working perfect.
>>

> Look for a difference between the two servers related to libiconv.

A few more notes:

- On some systems, there may not be an separate libiconv library
installed, but instead the iconv*() functions are provided by glibc. I
don't know if that's the case with RHEL 5.3 or not.

- If you downloaded a mapserv binary that was compiled on another system
then it may be compiled with a different libiconv than the one you have
on your server, and in this case the info returned by "iconv -l" may not
be a good indication of the encodings supported by your copy of MapServer.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/