[mapserver-users] duplicate labels

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Thu Jul 23 12:00:54 EDT 2009

Christy Nieman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (I don't remember if this has been asked yet or not, but...) does your
> OpenLayers application use tiles?  Is it possible the duplicate labels
> are actually on separate tiles?  If so, you can try setting OpenLayers
> to single tile mode to see if this is indeed the problem.  Then you can
> try defining PROCESSING 'LABEL_NO_CLIP=1' for the layer.
>
> Christy
>
> Andy Colson wrote:
>>>
>>> Hum... good question.  I'll try it Monday when I get back to work.
>>> Thanks for the help on this.
>>>
>>> -Andy
>>>

>> Ok, took longer than I thought to get back to this, but I've tried it
>> with the roads layer and still cannot adjust the distance between labels.
>>
>> here is a screen shot:
>>
>> http://maps.camavision.com/map2.png
>>
>> I've changed MINDISTANCE from 9 to 900000, and the image stays the
>> same... the labels don't move.
>>
>> If I set the layer.sizeunits to feet, then the font size scales with
>> the image as I zoom in and out... I assume the font size is being set
>> to 7 feet instead of 7 pixels?  (I have label.size = 7).  But still,
>> the mindistance seems to make no difference.
>>
>> Also, some of the labels are being messed up, in the screen shot you
>> can see it.  And the road didnt get draw right either.
>>
>> hum... it occurs to me... I dont know how many different lines were
>> used to draw 110th st.  If they used multiple lines, would I get a
>> label for each line?  Casper seemed to get one label.
>>
>> -Andy

Also, note, however, it does not fix my original problem, my
annotate_pin layer still has dup labels.  (yes, I added the PROCESSING
'LABEL_NO_CLIP=1' to the layer).

I even tryed setting OpenLayers to single tiled mode, and it still dups
the labels.

So looks like when I'm adding Features it gets drawn different than line
layers?

-Andy