[mapserver-users] duplicate labels

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Thu Jul 23 12:34:40 EDT 2009

Steve Lime wrote:
> Would help if you could put together a test case for us to try. Without being familiar with your
> data it's hard to know what is right or wrong in the images. The label parameter MINDISTANCE
> is always given in pixels. In current versions it works of the centers of labels although that will
> change in the next release so that label size is taken into account.
>
> Anyway, MINDISTANCE is considered when two labels are from the same layer, same class and
> have the same exact value. Would be interesting to see your data and mapfile...
>
> Steve

I can.  What would be best for you?  I can put the wms server on the
outside so you can query it.  Or I can send shapefiles and the mapfile.
  (I dont have permission to give everything to everybody, but I'd bet a
select few would be ok.  So I'd rater not post a download to the mailing
list, but would give it to a select few.)

Also, I think there are two problems:

1) some labels dont get background
2) my perl script adds features to a layer and that layer is drawn
different than line layers.

1) I can get you stuff pretty easy, but 2) might be more difficult.  Let
me play around with it a little and see if I can make a mapfile with the
features in it and see if shp2img will draw it.

Thank you very much for the help,

-Andy