[mapserver-users] problem reading log/debug

Lars Lingner ml at lingner.eu
Fri Jul 24 02:09:18 EDT 2009

jim white schrieb:
> I am having a problem seeing the log/debug output. In order to see the
> log out I have to restart the Apache server. On shutdown it outputs the
> log files. Besides having to restart the server I would prefer to
> monitor the logs in real time with tail -f logfile. I am running
> Mapserver version 5.4.1. My map file has this in the map section.
>
> CONFIG  "MS_ERRORFILE" "stderr"
> DEBUG 5

Just a note, no solution:

I have an installation of MapServer (a week old svn version) with
fastcgi and lighttpd. There are 6 processes available. The logging isn't
reliable, if I "tail -f" the log file, I don't see the messages in real
time. The idle timeout is set to 20.

I didn't try the restart of lighttpd.

I assume that this behavior depends on my lighttpd config (and not in
MapServer), but I did not put time in it to find the cause.

Not sure if this helps at all, I just wanted to say something ;)

Lars