[mapserver-users] Applying a hatch over a line layer

Adrian Popa adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro
Mon Jul 27 05:37:03 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to apply a hatch over a line segment, but it doesn't seem to
work.
My symbol definition is:

SYMBOL
     NAME 'hatch'
     TYPE HATCH
END

My layer definition is:
LAYER
    TYPE LINE
    CLASS
       NAME "Test"
       EXPRESSION ( "[flag]" eq "1")
       STYLE
            SYMBOL 'hatch'
            ANGLE 45
            SIZE 3 #spacing between lines
            WIDTH 4 #width of each line
            color "#000000"
        END
        style
          color "#fff94d"
          width 2
          antialias true
        end
    END
END

The behavior is the following: mapserver draws the lines using the
second style (a yellowish color), but doesn't draw a hatch over my line.

I've tried with the hatch symbol after the style definition, but it
still doesn't work.  The hatch worked for POLYGON layers just fine.

Is there any way I can use it for LINE data?

Thanks,
Adrian

P.S. I'm using mapserver 5.4.1