[mapserver-users] Python

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Tue Jul 28 13:04:03 EDT 2009

Hi  Mohammed,

See comments below...

On July 28, 2009 10:33:58 am Mohammed Rashad wrote:
> Why python mapscript is not used as php mapscript??
PHP is just a lot more popular/easier than python for dynamic websites. I
think this is the only reason.

> What are problems using python mapscript??
There is no problem...

> If i am using python mapscript can i develop an webgis interface which can
> perform faster than interfaces built on php-mapscripts such as
> cartoweb,ka-map etc...
There is a no significant performance gain between the two languages.

> Can i get more speed with python mapscript apps..
I don't understand your question...... if the performance of your application
would be very important, you wouldn't choice a mapscript binding.

> Is there any benefit in moving from php to python??
Of course... the use of python itself. ;)

> anybody please help
> Any suggestion are always welcomed..
>
> Thanks in advance

Alan