[mapserver-users] Bad image quality with PHP Mapscript

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Jul 31 08:12:01 EDT 2009

tschobber tschöbbi wrote:

> I have a simple question: What could be the reason (in my case) why the image output of PHP Mapscript generated files are much worse than with the mapserv binary file?

I guess it would help if you were more explicit on what you mean by
"much worse"... is it a color problem, font rendering problem, antialias
vs no-antialias problem, ??? Perhaps post two sample maps for us to see
and maybe someone will have an idea?

My first suggestions would be:

1- For your tests, make sure the CGI and the PHP versions both use the
default output format and don't try to change it (via URL or scripting).

2- Did you compile and/or install multiple versions/copies of MapServer
on your server? Make sure both the CGI and your PHP use the exact same
version from the same build of MapServer. Different compile options
could explain a difference in rendering quality.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/