[mapserver-users] Importing a Google/Yahoo maps raster layer

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Jun 1 10:11:07 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 05:06:24PM +0300, Adrian Popa wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> Unfortunatelly I am tied into a different web presentation layer -
> MsMap. It has some features (like marking locations at specific
> coordinates and adding interactive options to them) and I can't abandon it.
> I will look at openlayers, to see if it supports the functionality I need.

I'm assuming "Annotations" are visible marks on the map, and "adding
interactive options to them" means that you can cause something to
happen when you click. The first example that was given -- the
'sundials' example -- has both of these features.

For a more advanced demonstration of OpenLayers technology, you might be
interested in something more like:

  http://recovery-map.org/map/76/toxic-rivers-of-boston/

-- Chris

Christopher Schmidt