[mapserver-users] Re: Mapserver WMS seem not to read +towgs84 parameters

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 3 14:44:02 EST 2009

Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> I forget to mention that I am using epsg:3067 in my WMS requests while
> image data is in epsg:2393 so Mapserver for sure is reprojecting.

Jukka,

I believe the problem is that EPSG:3067 expands as:

   +proj=utm +zone=35 +ellps=GRS80 +units=m +no_defs

with no +towgs84 value.  From PROJ 4.6.0 on datum shifts are only
applied if we know datum information for the source and destination
coordinate system.

If you want ETRS89 treated as equivelent to WGS84 you might want to
add a +towgs84=0,0,0 in the EPSG 3067 entry in the epsg file too.

Best regards,