[mapserver-users] Trying to pass parameters to a map file

Robert Hicks robhyx at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 14:52:14 EST 2009

Hello all,
I am trying to pass a parameter to a GetMap  call, that way I can 'on the
fly' determine the CONNECTION and WMS_LAYER attributes. So for instance, I
am going to generate a list of several available online services and
depending on which is selected, the GetMap request will also have additional
information such as the CONNECTION string and the LAYER name, that way I can
use the same map file for multiple layers. Is this possible to do? I know
you can do something similar with the FILTER option in the map file.

Thanks!