[mapserver-users] Projection or Data Problem?

Moen, Paul T. pmoen at nd.gov
Thu Mar 5 14:37:36 EST 2009

I found the solution.

http://www.mapserver.org/faq.html#why-does-my-requested-wms-layer-not-align-correctly

Adding reaspect=false to the connection string fixed the problem.

LAYER
        GROUP "Political Boundaries"
        NAME "US Forest Service Regions"
        TYPE RASTER
        PROJECTION
            "init=epsg:4269"
        END
        STATUS ON
        CONNECTION "http://206.16.47.174:80/wmsconnector/com.esri.wms.Esrimap/BLM_SURFACE_MGT_AGY?reaspect=false"
        CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
        METADATA
            "wms_srs" "EPSG:4269"
            "wms_name" "SMA_ALL"
            "wms_server_version" "1.1.1"
            "wms_format" "image/gif"
        END
    END

On 3/5/09 1:24 PM, "Paul Moen" <pmoen at nd.gov> wrote:

If I get what you are saying, I should set up another Mapserver as a WMS
server that accesses the WMS from BLM, then, connect to my WMS server with
the original mapfile?

Doesn't Mapserver already take the temporary image from the WMS that was
delivered in epsg:4326 and reproject it to my mapfiles projection,
epsg:2266, then add the other layers of my mapfile before delivering the
final image?

This certainly works for the other WMS layer, OFlood Data Availability' that
is in my mapfile.  That layer is delivered by the WMS in epsg:4269 and lines
up perfect when the mapfile's main projection is set to "init=epsg:2266".

Thanks for helping,

Paul

On 3/5/09 1:06 PM, "Gregor at HostGIS" <gregor at hostgis.com> wrote:

> Moen, Paul T. wrote:
>> Can anyone get this WMS layer to reproject to a projected coordinate
>> system like epsg:2266?
>
> Add to your WEB block, this. You can then make requests to your
> mapfile-as-WMS in the given SRS.
>
> METADATA
>    "wms_srs"  "EPSG:2266"
> END
>
> This does mean fetching the raster from them as 4326, then reprojecting
> it to 2266, so it may not look so great. But if they're not offering it
> in 2266, that's what you hafta do.
>
> --
> Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth    BS, A+, Network+, Security+, Server+
> System Administrator, Lead Programmer
> HostGIS development & hosting services, http://www.HostGIS.com/
>
> "Remember that no one cares if you can back up,
>   only if you can restore." - AMANDA

Paul T. Moen
pmoen at nd.gov
701-328-2434