[mapserver-users] couldn't overcome a problem about rectObj & zoomRectangle

Ahmet Temiz temiz at deprem.gov.tr
Tue Mar 10 05:54:25 EDT 2009

hello

I couldn't overcome a problem about rectObj & zoomRectangle in java-mapscript

here is the code and results concerning the problem:

#width :46.0 height: 48.0    //dimensions of rubberband

rectObj imgrect= new rectObj(minx,maxy-h,minx+w,maxy, mapscript.MS_FALSE);
#System.out.println("imgrect.toString()  "+imgrect.toString());

# imgrect.toString()  { 'minx': 440 , 'miny': 123 , 'maxx': 486 , 'maxy': 171 }

map0.zoomRectangle(imgrect,map0.getWidth(),map0.getHeight(),map0.getExtent(),
null);

... java.lang.UnknownError: mapscript::mapObj::zoomRectangle(): General error
message. image rectangle maxy >= miny

When I change the places of miny and maxy, it gives invalid rectangle error.

I will appreciate if you tell me the possible reasons of this error

regards

believed to be clean.