[mapserver-users] Internal Server Error - newbie

kapil manoj manojkapil06 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 08:25:26 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am using mapserver 5.0.3  on fedora 9.  i installed it very recently in my
box , to acknowledge my installation of mapserver in my box , i got the
message when i call the browser

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv

No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty.

Then i played with the mapserver demo gmap..  its works fine...   Thenafter
i tried to play with the examples given in the mapserver tutorial , with the
very first example i get error....  when i call the link

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/ms4w/apps/tutorial/htdocs/example1-1.map&layer=states&mode=map

i get the following errorInternal Server Error

to complete your request.Please contact the server administrator,
root at localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything
you might have done that may have caused the error.More information about
this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache/2.2.9 (Fedora) Server at localhost Port 80

>From the above error i understand that something wrong with apache , i
checked the error log file , ita abig one page error. i couldn't probe that
error, i have attached the error log file for your perusal

could anybody please help me out?

help will be appreciated...

many thanks,
zizu